Friday, June 20, 2008

Oh, precious little bottle of sleep!


I pumped four and a half ounces after our 4:00 a.m. feeding! Since Z is a multi-talented eater and can go from the breast to the bottle, I am looking at a lot of sleep here. Jeff does a night feeding for me so I can catch some much needed sleep. It's the best thing ever. Last night, I slept about seven hours. I think this might piss a few new parents off. What can I say? For some reason, Z has slept through the night two nights in a row! I mean, we woke him up at midnight and 4:00 a.m. to eat, but that was it.  I feel, oddly enough, like saying, "Thank you, Jesus!"

Days, however, are a different story. Dr. Whang told me Z would hit a growth spurt and want to eat a LOT at ten days old. Well, here we are at ten days, and I've been at it with him from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., and now I feel like this:


Dramatic reenactment of Julie's morning

2 comments:

DKC said...

You guys are like breast feeding savants!

And no, I wouldn't go shouting too loud about that seven hours sleep thing, you might start getting hate-mail!!

Julie said...

I think we're too good at feeding. Zack spit up another geyser today and we have a call in to the doctor. It's very upsetting to see that. I guess I'm overfeeding him, but he keeps telling me he's hungry. OMG, I really am a Jewish mother--I guess I can't help it.